Friday, October 14, 2016

When to Start Dating Again?

When to start dating again??

After being in a long term relationship I didn't know where to start. I had this plan in my head of how I thought things should work.

Well the short answer would be:  When you feel you are ready.

Here's the long answer:

I myself had never actually been single as an adult woman. It was and still is new to me.
I knew immediately that I did not want to date right away. I wanted to "get to know me". Learn more about what made me happy as an individual. 

I have a few friends who would encourage me to date. But....I didn't want to use dating as a method to get past my previous situation. I wanted to naturally heal.  Become who I am at this very moment. *still being open to growth*

I didn't want to be the girl who constantly brung up her ex or compared her ex to each guy I went on a date with.

I often get asked if I have a boyfriend or am I dating. My answer is simply no...or I just don't have the energy to date.

Which is true...my expectations of dating seems exhausting. I believe dating shouldn't be done exclusively. My thoughts are to have fun...be a serial dater...not to take one person too serious. Can you see why I think it's exhausting?

Being a mommy of one, I asked myself when will I find time? I've never been a social butterfly. My weekends are dedicated making big Saturday breakfasts and prepping Sunday's supper for the past 8 years.


A very short year later I am finally contemplating dating...not for love. As part of a growing goal...to be more social..to enjoy life  and people a little more.

When do you think is the 'right' time to start dating again?


Up Next.....First date...who should pay?




Xo,


Tysh 

No comments:

Post a Comment