Sunday, September 28, 2014

French Beauty Haul - Skincare Chat

Hi guys, tysha here. Today I want to chat a little about skincare. It's no secret, I've blogged about my oily acne prone sensitive skin Many times. As I am in my mid-twenties. I am still struggling with my breakouts and still changing the products in my regimen. Lately, I've noticed myself investing more in skincare products than actual makeup

Here's is a photo of my skin. I wish I thought to take a photo a few days ago as my skin was so inflamed it was awful. I feel like my pigmentation is darker some days and other it looks quite faded.
I guess this is a better day...fresh off a breakout not bad.
                                     
                                   
                                
Although I'm comfortable with wearing no makeup. I realized and always knew no amount of makeup can help unhealthy skin. And makeup just looks much better on healthy skin anyways.
I've been dishing out money and testing out different products trying to figure out what will work for me.
Currently I have no problem with cleansers, I recently incorporated a toner in my regimen which is working out. I have my day & night time moisturizers. (Which I eventually want to try a more rich night time product). I have my eyes creams that are working just fine. I added a microdermabrasion treatment that I loveeeeee (tried a sample, purchased full size), Im trying out the Avene D-pigment lightening/dark spot treatment-serum  (kiko broke me out). I still do my monthly facials and I so often do my peels (which I forgot how amazing they are). 

My issue is when I run out of a product unless I absolutely love it (regardless if it worked)  I still tend to 'try' out something different.

I picked up some skincare items from a local french pharmacy. Here's a photo of some of the goodies that I'm trying out.


                          


It's only been about a week since I've started using these products. So I'll be doing a skincare video if all works out.




So I obviously had to pick up some more bioderma. I've starting using bioderma about a year ago and it's literally my favorite makeup remover. It doesn't burn my eyes and it removes my makeup efficiently. I've had the 250ml and was using it very wisely all summer as I didn't want to run out. I also picked up a mini as it is great for travel. I will definitely be stocking up on more before heading back to the states.



I haven't tried this product just yet. Reviews rave about how well this moisturizer acts as a primer. Especially great for oily skin (points finger to self). I'm looking forward to seeing what the hype is about.


I've just recently become a fan of the Evian facial mist. Right before traveling here, I made a stop at sephora and ended up picking up the travel size 2-pack (along with some other goodies). The first couple weeks here I sprayed my face religiously throughout the day with the mist. (My skin felt so dehydrated from the climate change). I was stunned to see the full-sized at such a low price. Anyways, for me, the mist is quite hydrating (if only temporary) and refreshing.


I've also picked up the infamous nuxe oil. I gravitated towards this simply because it's a dry oil. As you can see I've used quite a bit to only have it a week. I love how it absorbs into the skin leaving no greasy or sticky residue. I also like it because it's 97% natural products. I use it on my skin, hair, nails and face. I also use it on my son. He thinks it smells really good. I am not a fan of the smell. It's a more mature musk fragrance. Other than that it's a good product to have.


So I've also picked up the nuxe lip balm. I picked this up Mainly based on reviews. I loovvvveee this lip balm. I have really dry and chapped lips. My lips literally has a cycle, my lips start to chap and peel (it's pretty disgusting). Anywho, I use this lip balm mainly at night before bed. It has a sweet smell (like mentos - the rainbow flavor...hahaha). The finish is a semi matte which is really different yet quite nice. Lips are left looking and feeling moisturized with no shine.


Avene D-pigment...one of the products that I look forward to the most. So far I haven't had reaction to this product. It's too early to tell if it works or not. My expectations are high for the d-pigment. I hope I've reach the end of my search for a brightening serum.



Saved the best for last. Where do I start. Like I've stated before I just recently started using toners. I've read reviews on serozinc but wanted to give it a try myself. First off, it's said to be a toner for oily skin problems ✔️. Next, it also helps soothes razor burn and skin irritation. I've been using it for only one week and as you can see I've already picked up 2 more. Thus stuff is like antibacterial for your face. I've feel my skin trying to have a breakout, but I seriously think the serozinc it preventing it. I will be stocking up with massive loads of this stuff to take back home.







Lastly, the clerk was very generous and gave me lots of La Roche Posay and Eucerin samples. I'm very excited to give some of these samples a try.




Until next time.





Xo
Tysh 

No comments:

Post a Comment