Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Summer Favs

Hey DOLLS


So here are a few of my summer favorites that got a lot of use these last few months. Some will be being tucked away for next spring/summer and some will be taken into the fall months.




Mac Fix +  -  Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Setting Spray


First, I have my mists & Setting sprays. I have raved about Macs Fix+ several times on this blog. I love fix+ as a refresher. I also love it for setting a powder foundation. Skindinavia is definitely a new essential for me. This stuff literally keeps your makeup lasting through blood sweat and tears. Love it!



Ben Nye Banana Powder

This product was so raved about that I had to see what the hype was about. I guess you can say I am going through  a "highlighting" phase. This powder sets concealer wonderfully and also adds a nice bright under eye look. My skin tone have yellows undertones so this banana shade suits me really well.



OPI Start to Finish Base & Top Coat  -  Essie Good To Go Top Coat

I LOVE LOVE LOVE a freshly done manicure with a nice high shine. Well, I have always thought a girl should invest in a good base coat and a great top coat. OPI is definitely a good base coat, not necessarily the best top coat. Now, Essie's good to go leaves a super glossy finish and it dries so quickly. So far this this nail duo has been working for me. My manis are lasting up to a full week without chipping. =)



Nars Niagara Lipstick


This was my first Nars Lippy that I've purchased. I was so pleased with the pigmentation and texture. This is a great summer flesh of pink color. I would describe the color as a watermelon color with some warms undertones. Can be used as a light wash of color for the day or layered for a sexy summer night.



Hard Candy Glow All The Way Face & Body Luminizer

If you been reading my blog for a while you should know I love a nice illuminizer for those summer months. Now, instead of using this on my face, I've used it more for my body. I would add a drop of this to my moisturizer whenever I would should off my legs. Even a little to my decollete for those low cuts blouses. If I'm feeling daring I'll take the smallest amount and apply it t the top of my cheeks bones, buffing it out with an angled blush brush for that super sultry glow we all love.




LA Girl Pro Concealer  (Medium Beige, Pure Beige, Fawn)

I must admit I am a little bit of a concealer junkie.  These full coverage HD concealers are amazing. I am in love with the creamy texture. IMO, it is a medium yet buildable concealer. Very easy to blend, and best of all they are affordable. 



KIKO Full Coverage Concealer

No lie these are my all time favorite holy grail concealers to date. They are so creamy, the texture is amazing. It is not enough good things I can say. I even purchased backups, that's how much I love this stuff. 




Loreal Fairest Nude Lipstick


I purchased this lippy mid summer and wore it every chance I got. I initially purchased it as my summertime nude. I found myself wearing it more on a day to day bases.The texture is creamy, which is something I normally don't go for with lipsticks. But, this worked for me and I will repurchase.



Mac Melba Blush

Between Melba  & Peaches I couldn't get enough of peachy & coral-ly blushes this summer. Melba is something I would wear doing the day & and transition into night with. It suited my tan skin really well. I would describe it as a muted peachy color.




Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder Doré40


I've been on the hunt for a touch up powder for a while. This powder does exactly what I want. It has a silky soft texture. Doesn't add a lot of coverage. I use this strictly for touching up. The finish is a natural finish that takes away some of that mid day shine.





Mac Soft and Gentle MSF
I have had soft & gentle in my collection for some time now. This highlighter has made its way back into my life. I stopped using this because I didn't like the finish, felt too powdery. The color was off, I thought it was too frosty and cool toned for me. Now, I have given it a second chance and use it in a different way. I found out that soft & gentle works better wet on my skin. I use a Mac 188 brush, spray it with Fix+ and apply it to my cheek bones. The finish is very subtle yet glowing.









Those are my summer favorites. Now its time to pull the my fall goodies.

Embracing My Natural Beauty =)






xo


Tysh

No comments:

Post a Comment