Friday, September 6, 2013

Starbucks Peach GreenTea Lemonade - Inspired Recipe

Hello DOLLS


I'm back with an exciting recipe. This summer I ditched my normal ice coffees and frappucinos. I've discovered a new refresher that turned out to later be my summer buddy.



It is the Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade. When I first gave this amazing beverage a try I was very pleased at how refreshing this drink was. The fact that I could taste equal parts of all the ingredients was  mind blowing. No one ingredient overpowered the other.

Starbucks can be a little on the expensive side. Especially, if you become obsession like myself, wanting to purchase more than once a day.

So I'd thought....HEY why not try this at home. I'm sure it wont come out as amazing, but if I get close I'll be pretty darn satisfied.



On with the recipe...done TYSHWAY ;-)



Things you'll need:

Green tea bags
Sugar (or your preferred sweetener)
Lemon
Peach with heavy syrup






Step 1: Using a tea kettle you are going to make your green tea.

Step 2: Place your tea in a pitcher then in a refrigerator  for about an hour.

Step 3: After tea is cool,  take your lemon and squeeze the juice of the lemon into the tea. Careful not to     get the lemons seeds in there.



Step 4: Using a blender. Take your can of peaches along with the syrup and blend until you have a nectar consistency. (if you do not have peaches in a can, regular peaches will do. Just slice peach into 4s and add water and a little honey then blend)



Step 5: Add the nectar mix to your tea.

Step 5: Add 3-4tsps of sugar or honey for added sweetness

Step 6: Give your tea a good stir.



Step 7 Add ice and enjoy your homemade refresher.







(note: I rarely use measurements. I freestyle according to the servings I am making)






Give it a try!!!! Let me know how yours turn out.




xo


Tysh

No comments:

Post a Comment