Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Top 10 Used Makeup Brushes

Hey DOLLS

Today I wanted to put together a post sharing my most used makeup brushes. A while back I did a post on brushes but this is a little of an update. You all know I have had probably way to many brushes. I have been trying to to the tools down to a minimum and sticking with under 20 brushes rather than over 50.


Brush #1
Mac Contour 109
This is a small densely packed dome shaped brush.
I have always had a love/hate relationship with this brush. I love this brush for my contours and bronzers. I wear bronzer daily so this brush is very handy.


Mac 109 Brush



Brush #2
Mac Small Stippling 188 
I purchased this brush on impulse and didn't really use it that much. Until recently Ive began using it strictly for applying my powder highlights. What I like to do is mist my brush with Macs Fix+ to dampen it and apply my powder highlight. 


Mac 188 Brush


Brush #3
Real Techniques Buffing Brush
I have always been a into packed buffing brushes for applying foundation.
I love the finish and how easily it is to buff the foundation into the skin.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush




Brush #4
Soho Blush Brush
I have been eye the Mac 129 blush brush for a while now. So when I saw this brush in stores, curiosity led me to purchase it. I am not in love with this brush. The quality is really bad, but I like the shape and the way it applies blush.

SOHO Blush Brush



Brush #5
Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush
I use this brush for blending out eyeshadow looks and sometimes my under eye concealer.
Used whenever Im doing an eyeshadow look.

Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush



Brush #6
Elf Small Stippling Brush
I used this brush for blush. Mainly when Im using more pigmented colors or if i just want a like wash of color. It is slightly different from the Mac 188 brush. The bristles  are much shorter and more packed.

ELF Small Stippling Brush



Brush #7
Mac 217 Blending Brush
I love a good blending brush. I have multiple uses for this brush. I like to use it to apply my crease color, lid color, to blend. The bristles are so soft.

Mac 217 Blending Brush



Brush #8
Mac 266 Angled  Brush
I literally use this brush everyday. I used it to fill in my brows. To achieve those nice cat eye looks. I love how thin and stiff it is. It gives me complete control.

Mac 266 Angled Brush



Brush #9
Mac 212 Flat definer brush
I use this brush everyday as well. I mainly use this brush to define my eyebrows with concealer. its so handy and applies just the right amount of product. Sometimes I even use it to apply eyeshadow to my lower lash line.

Mac 212 Flat Definer Brush



Brush #10
Real Techniques Powder Brush
This is by far the softest powder brush I have ever had. Love the large round shape. Love fullness of the brush. It covers a good amount of your face. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Real Techniques Powder Brush







Extra Extra Extra
Another brush I can not live with out and use daily is my handy dandy Spoolie. I used this brush to tame my brows and unclump my lashes :-)


Brow/Lash Spoolie






So there you have it! What are your most used brushes? Do you use any of the brushes I mentioned?




*Photos from Yahoo Images*





*This post was not sponsored*














xo

Tysh

No comments:

Post a Comment