Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fun & Easy DIY Berry Ice Cream *For Kids*

Hey there blogheads ......


Since I am such the pinterestaholic I thought I'd share a fun recipe that I've did a few times with my son.
This is a fun and cool way to let the kiddos get some kitchen time.



Things you'll need

1 cup frozen Mixed berries (or your choice of fruit)
1/2 cup of heavy cream (Milk will also do)
1 1/2 tbsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
Ice
Salt
Ziploc and/or plastic bags






Step 1: Take your berries, sugar, vanilla extract and milk and combine in a blender (My fruit was frozen  so my ice cream wasn't that thick*)






Step 2: Pour your liquid into a small Ziploc bag and secure close.




Step 3: Fill a large Ziploc bag (or plastic bag in my case) with ice and add a generous amount of salt.


Step 4: Place ziploc bag inside the bag of ice.


Step 5: Have the kid(s) shake vigorously for about 5 minutes. (Be prepared to take over)

After about2 minutes of shaking he says Mommy, I think I need to eat more broccoli. My arms are really tired. LOL 


Step 6: After shaking, remove ziploc bag. Your liquid should now have a creamy texture.


Step 7: Serve, garnish and eat up!!! :-)














Give it a try & let me know how it turns out.




xo


Tysh


No comments:

Post a Comment