Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Updated Facial Routine

Hey DOLLS

Its been a long time. But Im back in full effect!

I wanted to start off with my updated facial routine. I have been spending these last few months catering to my skin. I have made some changes to maintain my oily and oh so acne prone face.

Now... my skin isn't where I want it to be but it's definitely coming along.

I still have breakouts but thats do to my bad eating habits. On the flip side, I clean my makeup brushes regularly and hardly ever fall asleep with my makeup on. Yayyyy me!!

Here is a picture of how inflamed my skin was before and where it is now.




Crazy huh??


In addition to doing this facial 1-2 monthly, I also use at home peels. Now, I started out with the mandelic acid peel which worked wonders.
The mandelic peel helped combat my acne, after the 1st use I noticed small changes. It overall helped my texture and kept the blemishes at bay.
I decided to try another peel that offered different benefits. I tried the Latic Acid Peel. I also like this peel. It helps with my texture, but the main focus, it helps lighten my acne scarring. My scarring has  not completely banish but it has significantly faded.

I started off using these peels weekly. I have reduced to using them 1-2 monthly. (No reason, just laziness *covers eyes*)

On with the facial.



Step 1: Cleanse


I start by using a cleanser that has brightening ingredients in it (because this has been my focus). I use Clean and Clear Skin Brightening Cleanser. I start with dampened skin and I apply the cleanser to my face moving my fingers in a circular motion.

Step 2: Exfoliate



Instead of rinsing my cleanser off, I use my handy dandy Clarisonic to further cleanse and exfoliate my skin. The Clarisonic has a one minute timer, so within that minute I try to cover my entire  face often focusing on my cheeks. After the minute is up, I rinse my face with warm water and pat dry.

I started off using the sensitive head brush for the Clarisonic which was very beneficial. I now switched to using the deep pore cleansing head. In hopes to unclog my pores so they can appear smaller.


Step 3: Steam

This step has stayed the same. I use a bowl filled with very hot water. I take a towel and drape it over my head, trapping the steam. Without getting too close to the water I allow the steam to open up my pores for about 5-7 minutes. Pat face dry.

Step 4: Mask



The mask I normally use is the Aztec Indian Healing Bentonite Clay. I love this clay. This can be a bit harsh for some skin types but it leaves my skin feeling 100% squeaky clean.

BUT, I find that when doing my facial it can be a bit much and my skin start to feel stripped. So I use this in between facials instead.

I am currently experimenting and testing out masks that will add nutrients back into my skin.
Today I used a sample by Bocsia - Luminizing Black mask.

After applying my mask I let it set for about 15-20 minutes. Doing this time I like to feel relaxed so sometimes I'll read a book or magazine, maybe drink a glass of wine :-D, or I'll just apply some cooled cucumbers under my eyes and bask in the ambiance of silence.
Now....... I may not always have cucumbers on hand so I purchased a siliconed eye mask for $1. I place it in the freezer right before I start my facial routine so it gives my eyes that cooling effect.



After chilling out for a few minutes, I remove the mask. Making sure to get all of the mask off. Finally, I rinse my face with cool water to close my pores.

Step 5: Moisturize



This is the final step. Use a hydrating moisturizer of your choice. I chose to use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. This has been my favorite moisturize for the last few years. I have repurchased many times.
Following the moisturizer I apply an eye cream. I use Clinique's All About Eyes eye cream to keep my under eye skin hydrated for a very youthful look.



And That's it!!!!




I hope you guys enjoyed my updated DIY facial. It cost nothing or very little to pamper yourself right in the comfort of your own home. So give it a try and let me know what products you used and the outcome.

*This routine have been working for me. Shall you decide to try this out use products that suit your skin type**





xoxo

Tysh

2 comments:

  1. I love this Tysha!!!! I have terrible skin and I was looking for ways to treat it without further damage! Its hard to find options that's aren't too harsh for skin #acne. Keep the tips coming. I did not register with the blog site but I will definitely be checking in, ready to google+! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Theresa!! thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. I will definitely try to keep updates on my skincare regimen and what's working for me. As well as, some other skincare tips.

    ReplyDelete