Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cocktail Hour - Spiked Strawberry Granita

Hey DOLLS

We all love a nice cocktail or glass of wine, RIGHT?!?!...Right. Well I will be featuring a cocktail hour right here on Latysha's Way.

I consider myself a little mixologist..lol. I love entertaining and making drinks so its only right I share a few of my concoctions.

Now this recipe doesn't compare to a REAL south Italy authentic granita con brioche, but it will do.

I am blessed to say, I've lived in Silicy, Italy and had a chance taste devour many granitas doing my stay. I will say my favorites were the Limone (lemon) con crema (not typical) e brioche and Fragola (strawberry) con crema e brioche. A brioche is a light and fluffy yeast bread that is usually ordered with the granita. Italians typically dip the bread into the granita. Also, your granita can be top with a thick cream. It is just delicious and now my mouth is watering, lol.

Photo Source: Yahoo


Now  for  the  recipe. I decided to make a granita freeze pops for my son (of course without liquor).




Things you'll need:

Blender
12-15 strawberries
3/4cup water
1/2 Lemon (juice only)
2oz Vodka
3-4 tsp sugar or agave (or your choice of sweetener)
Bowl



**These measurements make about 3-4 cups**



Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a blender (holding off the vodka if you're serving the kiddos)



Step 2: Blend until you a have a smooth consistency

Step 3: Pour into a pitcher or bowl and place into the freezer for 3-5 hours, until the mix is almost solid.



Step 4: Using a spoon or fork to create texture.



Step 5: Serve, garnish and Drink up!!




!BAM !

How easy was that?





I added a heavy cream to mine :-)





Barcelona, Italy 2012

Give these a try & let me know your outcome.

Granitas Done Latysha's Way




xoxo

Tysh

No comments:

Post a Comment