Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Natural Hair Regimen & Products

Hey bloggers,


Today I will discuss my regimen, and what products I use "to make my hair grow". Without going in depth I always respond with water & coconut oil because I don't want to get too deep about moisturizing your hair. I have been getting tons of compliments on my natural hair...and asked what products I use. :-D I love helping others out in any way I can. So without further ado.....my regimen.



Co-Washing (conditioner washing) 1-2 Weekly
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
Vo5 Moisture Milk Conditioner (used for detangling sometimes)

Deep Conditioning 2-3 monthly
I use a homemade moisturizing conditioner
I simply mix honey and evoo. Apply to my hair and leave in about 30 minutes under a plastic cap.
( I started using this mixture when I was 7 months natural. I often had shedding and trouble holding in moisture. After adding this deep condition to my routine, I can say I did notice a big difference.)


Moisturizing/Sealants-Oils
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla leave-in conditioner
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO) (holy grail---I swear by this stuff. Smells great too)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (back over in Italy, maybe it's just me, but I feel like the EVOO is so much better/pure here)



Styling
Carols Daughter Loc Butter (Swear by this as well. Very moisturizing & has a good hold)
Carols Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (Brought this because the loc butter was out of stock at 3 different Sephora's and 1 Macy's----I guess everyone is finding out just how great the Loc Butter is)
Organic Root Stimulator Twist & Loc Gel (Great for twist & braid outs)
IC Fantasia Styling Gel ( Found Out I love this more than Eco Styler Gel *trail & error*)


Clarifying/ Deep Cleansing (Once a month - using only 1 of the following products, depending on the amount of buildup I have) ** I deep condition after any deep cleansing treatment to restore moisture**
Dr. Miracles  2 in 1 Tingling Shampoo & Conditioner (for slight buildup)
Apple Cider Vinegar (Moderate - Heavy buildup)



Heat Protectant
Franck Provost Expert Protection 180degrees c

I try not to get too crazy with the products. Some of these products been with me since the beginning of my journey. I am not recommending anything because these products work for my hair type & may be different for you. But a lot of products I use are affordable. I don't use 20 different oils. I use what works for me. If something doesn't work. I simply replace it and try a new product.

Hope this was helpful to someone!!!


This my natural curl pattern when wet...I have no products in my hair in the following pics





Until Next Time





xoxo


Tysh


2 comments:

  1. hi its ya neighbor from 2 doors down!!! where the heck u been at??? u need to chat wit my on skype sometimes.. tell quils i said hello n hit me back Snooky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be on Skype...waiting for you boo

    ReplyDelete