Monday, August 29, 2011

Natural Hair Journey: 4 Months



Hello BlogWorld,
Where do I begin?? Well for starters I hope everyone had a safe & relaxed summer. :-)
Welllllll I finally reach my 4 month mark--post Big Chop. I am excited to have a head full of healthy hair. 
As the fall approach I am considering protective styles for month 5 & 6. I feel like I am definitely at the most awkward stage of being natural--but don't worry I'm hanging in there.
My regimen hasn't changed too much. I now co-wash 2-3x weekly, I deep condition/protein every other week. I also do ACV once a month.
Products I'm currently using & loving
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Edge control
(I use this product to smooth my lil baby hairs lol, its gives it a nice hold without making my hair hard or crunchy)


Whole Food Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
(I am obsessed with this oil. I literally use it everyday. I use the oil on my body after shower, and on my hair after I wash it....love it


Cantu Moisturizing Rinse Out Conditioner
(This conditioner been with me since I became natural...and I love it so much..I'm not crazy to try anything else)


Olive Oil Deep Conditioner
(I deep condition with this. I usually add oils like jojoba or tea tree to it.)





Olive Oil Twist & Loc Gel
(Ive been using this product for my twist-outs & despite the smell it had a mild hold and leaves you with soft curls)

Carols Daughter Loc Butter
(I use this as a moisturizer & a holding pomade. This product became a fav rather quick. When I first tried it out i thought it was too greasy to hold anything. To my surprise, it holds very well and makes my hair feel super soft and moisturized...love love love it!!!) 






4 months Post BC 









Until Next Time!!!



xoxo
Tysh

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your natural hair journey! I have been natural for 2 years and I wouldn't change a thing. My hair has grown beyond my belief. You are gorgeous and I can't wait to see more. Thanks for following. I LOVE your blog and I am following.

    Lynn

    CARMEN VOGUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!!! I really appreciate that :-). I have no desire to straighten my hair...i don't think i'm ever going back :-) Thanks again for following!!

    ReplyDelete