Thursday, December 30, 2010

Taking things to the next level!

Hey Bloggers......I am making a lifestyle change :-D....I've never been into resolutions..but for the upcoming year i am making many changes for the better.

I made the decision to go natural. YAY!!! I believe the transition will be very hard for me...especially since Im not going to do a big chop..just because my hair is almost always concealed under extensions..with the exception of my edges and the top part of my head which is the most damaged, majority due to heat.

For a long time I haven't been comfortable in my own skin.I am learning to embrace my true beauty and not be so ashame to show it. I love wearing makeup and hair extensions but Im getting older and Im learning to embrace my beauty and my kinky hair. I have wanted to go natural for a long time..but haven't because of what others would think. I am at a point in my life where I am going to do what makes me happy and feel comfortable. My hair is very damage and going natural is my way of starting a healthier life style for my roots.

I want to do this for at least one year..who knows it might be a permanent thing..but the main reason is to be more comfortable with myself just wearing my own hair naturally and growing it out to be as healthy as possible.

I feel like in todays society its hard for ethnic women to embrace their natural hair....there is so much pressure to look perfect and usually long and/or straight hair goes in hand with it. Going natural is something I am really excited about. I love the versatility with kinky hair and can't wait to rock some great styles. I am starting a vlog about my journey on going natural..it's something I am doing for myself to just be able to look back at my transition--so I don't know if I will upload and share it just yet. Here are some inspiration pictures.




I love her <3


                                                                          


                                                    I AM NOT MY HAIR






Until Next Time!!!



xoxo
Tysh



*Photos from Yahoo Images* 

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the natural world! you won't regret the decision. I just big chopped almost 9 months ago and I don't regret it at all. You should check out my natural hair blog for more information. It caters to the newly natural and those that are transitioning. www.naturalandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Monique. I am really excited about this journey..and Im heading over to naturalandfab right now..lol.thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem. And like I said, let me know if you have any questions. Take care! PS: Love your blog

    ReplyDelete