Friday, July 23, 2010

Thirsty Thursday-Happy Hour

Hello all!!!! So I've been trying to find some inspiration to keep my blog as entertaining and informative as possible. I got this idea from my manfriend. He told me that I should make my blog a little more unisex. And I totally agree. I shouldn't assume that just women are looking at this blog. So guys pull out the glassware and make wifey a cocktail. <3


It's Thursday, the weekend is almost here. So let's have a drink after dinner and enjoy a nice chick flick (sorry babe, gotta keep it girly one way or another..lol). One of my favvvvvvorite drinks is MOJITOS. It's a cool and refreshing summer drink. I just love the minty flavor. This is a really easy recipe. Try it- You might like it!!!







CHEERS!



Things you'll need:

Lemons
Lime
7 up soda
club soda
lemon juice
sugar
Rum
mint leaves
pitcher
ice (optional)
muddler (or something similar in shape- use your imagination)


** I am making a 2qt pitcher. So my measuring is based on that. Use your ingredients to taste. I prefer 1 1/2 shot glass of rum for every 12oz.**




Step 1: In your pitcher, take your mint leaves, half cup of sugar, and half cup of lemon juice . Use a muddler (I do not have a muddler, I am using a clean potato masher) to muddle the leaves. The idea of this is to release some of the mint flavor.


Step 2: Add club soda and 7up soda ( I like to use 7up for more lemon and lime taste). You want to use more 7up than club soda.


Step 3: Use a shot glass and add 8-9 shots of white rum (more or less depending on your preference)



Step 4: Cut lemon and lime into thin slices. Squeeze juices into pitcher. Add the slices to pitcher.


Step 5: Stir all the ingredients.


Step 6: Place pitcher in the refrigerator to chill...or pull a glass and add some ice cubes.


Step 7: Enjoy!!!




Try it out and tell me what you guys think of this drink!!!


Don't forget to hit the follow button. you can follow using your email address. Thanks yall!!




xoxo Tysh

Yum! I think he likes it!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment